Reflect

Discussing ways to better GBC

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

FORUM IS CLOSING

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: FORUM IS CLOSING   Sat May 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Due to the way it's been running, I think it's in the best interest of most people that this forum close. It will officially close May 23rd, 2009.

Couple Reasons why this forum is closing:
1) There's no real need for this forum. There IS a need to change GBC but this forum is not the way to do it. If you really have an issue with something or have a suggestion, you could always talk about it at church or via another communication.
2) Leadership not involved. The people that need to be in this forum is not us, the youth, but the leaders. We could talk about change but nothings going to happen. Nothing we talked about will result in change because we're not talking with the right people.
3) Discussing about the church is a dangerous thing and this forum has encouraged more discouragement than edification. While we need to discuss about the church, we need to first have the right heart. How many of us actually prayed about our post before we posted it? There's nothing wrong with posting our opinion but when we deal with the church, we need to be careful. In my opinion, if you're going to talk about the church and try to build it up which means criticize it first, you need to be spiritually mature first.

Those are my three reasons. It was a good discussion but again it was all in vain. Nothing's going to come out of it and everything here could have been done at church.

I encourage everyone to continue to pray for GBC and continue to think about ways we could better GBC but make sure you're growing with God first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reflectontheword.wordpress.com

FORUM IS CLOSING
Page 1 of 1